According to studies, in India, around 2 to 3 million people apply for the various exams conducted for recruitment in the Public Sector every year. These aspirants look for a career option in the Government sector for various reasons. Few of them being:
- Job Security
- Decent Payscale
- Benefits and Perks apart from the salary
- Respectable and reputed job stature
All these factors play a pivotal role in inspiring candidates to apply for government exams conducted in the country.
Further in this article, we bring to you the list of major exams for recruiting candidates at various posts under the public sector. Given below is a list of such exams:
- Public Service Commission Exams
- Staff Selection Commission Exams
- Railways Recruitment Board Exams
- Bank Exams
- Insurance Exams and many more
To get a detailed list of all the Govt Exams 2020, please check the linked article.
Discussed below are these Public sector exams in detail for the reference of candidates and for them to analyse if they are eligible or not.
List of Government Exams 2020
- Public Service Commission Exams – The UPSC exam comes under this category along with the State Service Commission exams. One of the most sought after exams in the country, the Civil Services exam is held to recruit IAS, IPS, IFS and other gazetted Officers in various Government dep.
The basic per month salary of an IAS officer starts at Rs.56,100(TA, DA, and HRA are extra) and can go on to reach Rs.2,50,000 for a Cabinet Secretary.
UPSC Prelims is scheduled to be conducted on October 4, 2020, and the Mains shall be conducted for 5 days, starting from January 8, 2020.
- SSC Exams – Seven major exams are conducted by the Staff Service Commission. These include:
- SSC CGL
- SSC CHSL
- SSC JE
- SSC GD
- SSC MTS
- SSC Stenographer
- SSC CPO
The eligibility, selection process, syllabus, salary, job profile and other details vary for all the posts and interested candidates can get all the relevant information about the examination at the official SSC website.
- RRB Exams – Railways is another sector where a lot of aspirants strive to fulfil their dream of entering the government sector. Four major posts for which Railway Recruitment Board appoints candidates are:
- RRB ALP
- RRB JE
- RRB NTPC
- RRB Group D
Few of these posts fall under the Officer category while others are the clerical or Engineering posts. RRB is a highly competitive annual process and lakhs of applications are received for all these posts every year.
- Bank Exams – Although the banking industry is not entirely a part of the Government sector, the Public sector banks in India constitute a major role in providing employment equivalent to the above-mentioned posts in every which way.
Categorising the major bank exams, we have:
- SBI (PO, SO & Junior Associates)
- IBPS (PO, SO, RRB & Clerk)
- RBI (Grade B Officer & Assistant)
All these exams are annually conducted and over 20,000 vacancies are released for all the posts combined together every year. Banking sector does contribute a lot in employment generation.
- Insurance Exams – Not a very wide sector, but definitely one of the most sought after exams in the country. Given below is a list of the major insurance exams conducted in India:
- LIC (AAO, ADO & HFL)
- NIACL (AO & Assistant)
Apart from the above-mentioned exams, NABARD, SIDBI, CAPF, Central Armed Forces and many other bodies conduct exams annually. For any update regarding the same, visit the latest notifications page.
Furthermore, due to the high number of applicants, the competition is also extremely tough. Thus, to qualify any of these exams, a lot of hard work and preparation is required to excel in the examinations.